Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More Power



So you have probably noticed that since I have the wheels on the transaxle must be in the car. Well your right. Again like I said I deviated from the instructions a little bit since my first goal was to get it on it's wheels. I will say this, I think it would be much easier to put the engine and trans. together first and then mount it in the car. The reason I say this is because after the trans. is in getting the motor in between it and the chassis and firewall is a tight squeeze. It can be done but you have been warned! You can see in the pictures the scratches on the frame and firewall that happend when I wedged it in there. Once it's in bolt it to the trans. and your good to go. DO NOT FORGET THE THROWOUT BEARING!!!!!! In case you are wondering no, I did not forget mine but I know someone who did and he had to remove the engine to install it. This isn't something you want to do twice especialy if the car is painted before. You don't want to risk damaging the paint do you?

No comments: